The liver is your dog's largest internal organ with many functions, including the digestion and conversion of nutrients, the removal of toxic substances from the blood and the storage of vitamins and minerals. The liver has an amazing ability to repair and regenerate itself, and nutrition plays a vital role in this process.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet l/d, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support liver health and help protect vital liver function in dogs.
How it helps:
- Helps reduce liver workload allowing liver tissue to regenerate
- Helps maintain normal fat metabolism in the liver
- Helps avoid nutrient deficiencies commonly related to liver issues
- Supports a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Moderate levels of high quality protein
- High L-carnitine & L-arginine levels
- Appropriate level of zinc
- Low copper
- Clinically proven antioxidants
INGREDIENTS: Water, Rice, Chicken Fat, Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil, Egg Product, Corn Starch, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Fish Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Dried Beet Pulp, L-Lysine, Calcium Carbonate, L-Arginine, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Taurine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.